Saturday, July 5, 2008

Some essentials

After a couple of months of blogging, I fear that my posts have become so esoteric that the original intent of this blog has become obscured. As a refresher, may I note the following:

My name is Ruel Johnson and I am a 27 year old writer living in Guyana and working primarily as an editorial consultant; I live with my son, Aidan. This blog was created partially as a sounding board and public diary of a book of short stories I am working on called, Fictions. I have one previously published work, Ariadne & Other Stories, the manuscript of which fortunately won me the Guyana Prize for Literature for Best First Book of Fiction for 2002.

I have a collection of poetry in manuscript, The Enormous Night, which was shortlisted for the Prize in that same year. I am aiming to have Fictions launched at CARIFESTA X in August, after which I intend to branch off into film production.

My goal is to live and work in Guyana in order to truly represent the people who exist here, warts and all, although I will eventually spend a short time overseas depending on my parental obligation and duties - a couple of months if my son can't come with me, a couple of years if he can.

I can be contacted at ruel.johnson@gmail.com, or 592-696-1840, particularly by anyone who wants to help me fund the printing of my book, or who has an avid interest in writing. That's all for now.

1 comment:

Guyana Media Critic said...

Hmm.. me and a friend are into poetic writing. I'll e-mail you one or two to have your take on them..