Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Poem in Progress

Untitled

Your touch, prophecy
whispering one day our love
shall renew itself

be strong enough to
bridge or fill these dark, silent
chasms between us.

Some dawn’s frantic call,
each heart precarious on
the cusp of return,

flashed forward to
the oblivion of noon;
tongues amnesiac

as if memories
of tenderness were better
preserved forgotten.

An emptiness that
is aligned to your absence
encircles my heart

and I’d give all I
have for one night spent tracing
the curve of your spine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you want your wife back bai??

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's better to live in the fantasy of what could be. That last line reminds me a quote from the great philosopher Chris Brown "It's like I waited my whole life for this one night.." lol Passion usually dies, can you deal with the aftermath?