Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First of all

...hmmmm.

Secondly, I'm now officially 28. Yeah.

To all my friends whom I did not get to drink with last night, my absence was for a good cause and being my friends, I know you understand. And yes Gavin, I did give myself a "special present", minus of course the trick handcuffs.

In about two hours, I'm due to give a presentation at a Rotary lunch on Literature and Literacy and this is something I have been thinking long and hard about. In fact, if my pondering on this topic were made substance, it would be a book like Finnegans Wake or a cock like Mandingo's.

Right now I am in Oasis but I can't think because there about sixteen members of the School of the Nations brat pack in here at the moment, including one that looks annoyingly like an ex-girlfriend of mine, which is very disconcerting because she has to be eleven years my junior which interestingly enough is around the age my ex was when we were together ten years ago.

Note to self...as liberal as a parent as you tend to be Mr. Johnson, courtesy of Gibran's "On Children", try hard to make sure that your son never ever develops that skull-drilling nasal whine that comes with an American accent, particularly a fake one.

And now, as I am wrapping up this post, the most annoying of them are leaving. There is a God after all...

2 comments:

Guyana Media Critic said...

Hmm!

Anonymous said...

School of the Nations Brat Pack?!
Don't generalise now.