Thursday, October 16, 2008

Another Gem

Was doing some ego surfing to find out what the world wide web was saying about big bad Ruel Johnson and came across this simple post. Okay, I tell myself this young lady has taste in literature, why not check out the rest of your blog.

This has been a good week for me. First I got the sort of scathing critique of my work that I've been begging for like some leather-clad crazy with a ball gag in my mouth shouting, "Spank me, Mistress. Spank me!"; I got a stupendously simple, yet well-paying contract; I've been doing things I would be too fucking stupid to even mention here; I am seeing my son grow into a person, as opposed to simply "my son"; and then I found Raptus8.

Where do these people exist? Whether it is simple, raw emotion like in this post, or in just plain ranting like in this one, what we have in Raptus is pure, raw talent - a gift for writing that the truth is, I wish I had. I know my talents, I know my ability with shaping words and I am the first to point that it is prodigious - I have the laurels to prove it.

What I don't have is the gift to essentially write for primarily myself, as Raptus basically does and, let it be good. If there is any sense of writing for myself, it is merely an audience that I believe has a lot in common with me. I am obsessed with crafting, I hate making mistakes, and I rarely am content with the finished product.

It is writing like that which I found on this young lady's blog which makes me at times feel like a literary fraud. The sad fucking thing, in fact the tragic thing, is that she is most likely stuck in some clerical job somewhere while her true talent finds its only outlet on her blog.

Whoever you are, keep it up and while you may be looking out for Volume II of my book, I'll be browsing your blog daily from now on.

7 comments:

Guyana Media Critic said...

Ishi Fren..

Ruel Johnson said...

Ishi, is this true? Who is she? Spill the beans...

Ishi said...

Me!...stolid bai you like to run yuh mouth.

Ruel Johnson said...

Come on Ishi, don't bluff. Who is she?

Guyana Media Critic said...

Stewww!

Why Ishi don't relax she self and just tell Ruel who it is..

Why would it be a problem for me to say you know her when you said you do for the world to see on my blog?

I just wasted life typing this.

Anonymous said...

she is good...interestingly...I know her...I'm gonna keep me mouth shut though.

Anonymous said...

i will try my best to do what i do best and i hope that you do the same for i do admire your work.

cant wait for volume 2...of fictions:)